Join in by adding trail information

If you have a favorite ride post something about that ride. I have many Garmin tracks. Riding the Legacy, Jordan, Bonneville shoreline, Antelope Island, Gosseberry Mesa, as seen in the photo above, Saltair, MS 150, Salt Lake Bike Marathon just to name a few.
Many of my rides are 1 1/2 hours plus and ranging from 15 to 25 for the mountain bike for parkway routes. Shoreline 8-10 miles.
Road bike times are longer with mileages 35-60 once I get into the season.
Riding for me is not just excersise, so no time contstraints when ever possible, most of the time.



Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Jordan River Parkway

The parkway is flooded in many locations; I started at 1700 south by Raging waters and went south. SR201 underpass is flooded, it’s passable if you don’t mind wet feet, farther south in the Oxbow area more flooding has occurred. This section was dry on the trail but water was right at the edge on both sides, any increase in stream flow will flood this.
3300 south under pass is flooded, deeper than SR201 so I crossed the road. More evidence of flooding just south of the park and you may as well stop here as the water level just before 3900 south is deep and not passable by my standards.
I did ride the loop off the trail following the new Trax line to Decker Lake, nice diversion that on most weekends a model power boat group gets together in the mornings.
Goat heads are going to plentiful this year with all the rain, they are all along the trail, if you plan to ride the Jordan River Parkway prepare your bike for those, Slime tubes, Liners, patch kit, spare tube and some way to fill the tire. I carry a pump and CO2. Oh and self-sticking Park patches don’t like Slime so don’t carry those.

No comments:

Post a Comment